Most of the Information that our technical support requires for Squish for Qt support requests can be obtained by providing the support information, gathered as explained here .
For all the other cases, please read the sections below and provide the information as applicable for your use case.
For problems with Squish/Qt the following information is important for almost every support ticket:
- the Qt version
- the operating system type (Android, iOS, Linux, macOS, QNX, Windows, WinCE)
- the compiler version (especially on Windows)
Not having this information makes any kind of log messages easy to misinterpret. Knowing the exact Squish package that is used answers most of these questions already.
How to find out the Squish package¶
If the Squish IDE is used, this information can be collected from the support information . At least the file buildinfo.txt from the Squish installation folder is required.
The file buildinfo.txt from installation directory on remote side is required here as well.
Starting or Hooking AUT does not work¶
This most commonly results in the AUT not starting at all or starting and exiting unexpected, after trying to execute a test or record from the IDE.
If the IDE is used and the test is executed on the same machine, the support information are required. Please follow the instructions in this .
In a Remote Testing setup or when using the squishtest module, the information needs to be collected by the user. This includes:
- buildinfo.txt of the Squish install folder that is being used
- verbose output of the squishserver. For this start squishserver with the --verbose switch before trying any reproduction
- For an attachable AUT: output of startaut when starting the application. Add the --verbose to the startaut call if not already present
Qt AUT crashes (during recording or replay)¶
Information that can be helpful for investigation of crashes
How often can the crash be reproduced? Always? Only sometimes? When does the crash happen ? What type of controls are interacted with and what functions are used on the script end ?
Backtrace on Windows¶
If the AUT was built using any version of MSVC the dumps found in %TEMP%\SquishDumps are required
If the AUT was built using Mingw, the open source Debugger-Tool Dr. Mingw can be used to get a backtrace as the dumps from Squish will not be useful in this case. In order to use this Tool, the internal Crashwatcher from Squish must be turned off as explained here .
Backtrace on other OS¶
Building Squish/Qt from sources fails (embedded & desktop)¶
Screenshots or single-line error messages are often not enough to understand build problems. The following information helps putting error messages into context and often explains why the error happened in the first place.
- The file "buildinfo.txt" in the Squish source package used for the build
- The file "config.log" when either configure or build failed
- The file "Build.conf" when executing "build" failed
- The complete console output when executing "build" failed.
build >buildlog.txt 2>&1to get all output as a text file